Website loading speed depends on lot of factors, but it contributes more based on the below factors,
Enable gzip compression:
gzip compression is nothing but reducing the original file size to make it load faster even in slower networking connections.
After you have enabled gzip compression, you confirm it using the below free tool,
Enable all caching types using w3 total cache:
Navigate to General settings -> Toggle all -> Save settings.
Toggle all caching types on or off (at once)
Http requests caching:
Use WP Smush plugin to optimize the images.
After installing the plugin you can navigate to media -> WP Smush and optimize the already uploaded images.
In the free version you can optimize only 50 images at a time.
How to improve your wordpress site speed ?
Make sure the respective actions are taken care for these below things as well:
- Minimize HTTP requests
- Use Gzip compression
- Use HTTP caching
- Move all CSS style rules into a single, external and minified CSS file
- Minify all JS files and, if possible, try combining them into a single external JS file
- Include external CSS files before external JS files
- Place your JS scripts at the bottom of your page
- Optimize images
- Reduce redirects
Apart from the above factors consider doing the below activities too help your site to keep clean and better.
- Delete the inactive plugins and themes.
- Always keep updating the plugins and themes.
- Try to achieve the minimal functionalities through direct code changes rather than using one more additional plugins.
Feel free to add your own suggestions to help wordpress site performances and speeds.
812 total views, 1 views today