Difference between Client side scripting and Server side scripting
Client side scripting:
- It runs/interprets/executes the scripts in end-users browsers.
- Script source code transfered to browser and run and render the output.
- Browser can be enabled to stop the scripting execution in their end.
- Slow, as it runs on end-user/client side.
- Source code can be viewed.
Server side scripting:
- It runs/interprets/executes scripts in web server itself.
- Everything done in server only the final html output will be transfered and rendered in client side.
- As it runs in server side enable/disable of script execution can not be done.
- Fast, as it runs in server.
- Source code can not be viewed.
Eg: PHP, Node JS, Perl , Java, Python, JSP
Feel free to write your comments.
500 total views, 2 views today